Health care can be complicated. It can be even more challenging when you have a chronic condition like diabetes or high blood pressure, or even a mental health issue such as depression.
In between regular doctor visits, it’s important to stay on top of medications, including regular prescription refills and taking your medications as indicated while also keeping your provider informed of any side effects or problems you might be having. Chronic care services can help organize your health management and minimize stress around your care while also ensuring you continue to receive optimal care for your health condition.
How chronic care services work
Chronic care services work by providing you with monthly phone access to a dedicated care coordinator. This is someone who helps oversee your health in between doctor visits. Your care coordinator will call you every month to:
- Help schedule appointments, labs, or other tests
- Explain your medications and how and when to take them
- Coordinate home health or medical equipment needs
- Introduce you to health education resources, services and programs
- Help you access community resources such as transportation
- Coordinate follow-up care after leaving the hospital or urgent care
With chronic care services you’ll also have 24/7 access to a care coordinator phone line to answer questions about your care management any time you need.
How to access chronic care services
To get started with chronic care services, talk to our chronic care management team. We serve the Venice, Florida, area and beyond. We’re here for you at (941) 303-5713.